Romans 4:18-25 Discussion Questions
Paul looks to Abraham’s unwavering obedience in the face of difficulty to remind us that God uses life’s curve-balls and circumstances to grow us stronger in faith.
• Discuss the following: “Faith is not the enemy of reason; faith is the foundation of reason.”
• Discuss why you believe (or do not believe) that God’s Word is sufficient, clear, authoritative, and necessary for our faith.
• Why doesn’t God simply give us all the faith and strength we need up front? Why go through all the trials and tribulation?
• How do you read yourself into the stories of the Bible?
What Does This Say About God?
• God is a covenant-making God who keeps his promises
• God desires that his covenant children would grow strong in their faith
• God provides a way through difficulty for our benefit and his glory
What Does This Say About Humanity?
• Through hope against hope, we may maintain obedience to God
• Our faith is strengthened through trials and tribulation
• The stories of the Bible were written in part for our sake
What Will You Do About It?